General Rules (2020 Season)
New rules are highlighted red
All races will run on Saturday whenever possible.
9am Track power turned on for practice.
12 noon lunch (track will stay on)
1pm switch to 12 V
2:00pm Registration and tech inspection
Racing begins immediately following registration
Membership fees will be collected as ticket charge for the Picnic/Rules meeting
Tech inspection and registration
- A team of two or three tech inspectors will look at each car.
- No broken chassis will be allowed to enter the race.
- The minimum allowable wheelbase is 1 ¼ (1.250) inches.
- The maximum allowable width of the chassis is 1 5/16” (1.3125)
- The maximum allowable length of the entire car is three (3.00) inches.
- Only one guide pin per car shall be allowed.
- The maximum allowable lateral movement of the front axle is 1/32 (.03125) inch.
- During the race, any individual part of the car may be replaced. The chassis and body are not considered individual parts.
- The body must be painted and rear wings/spoilers maybe added for esthetics only.
- The body must cover the chassis, tires and wheels when viewing the car from above except through legal
- Every car entered may be required to submit to a post-race technical inspection.
Tech Team for 2017
- Dwayne Munson
- Ken Hunter
- (Trainee) Lance Miles
- $10 per racer split with the host and MISCAR. The race host is guaranteed a minimum of $50
- If there are 12 or fewer entries we will run timed qualifying.
- 13 or more entries the race heats will be determined by random computer placing
- Each driver will run a pre-determined lane (by the track owner) for 60 seconds.
- The fastest one lap will be the drivers qualifying speed
- Race heats will be seeded by fastest lap.
- Top Qualifier will get 1 Bonus point
- All races will be run with a “Rotation race, straight rotation” format.
- Each segment will be 3 minutes with 1 minute and 15 seconds between segments for lane changes.
- Top seeds will get to choose their starting lane.
- There will be a 1 minute “warm-up” period before each race.
- You can win from any heat. Lap total and sections determine places
- Racers are not allowed to marshal their own cars.
- “Track” calls are made by marshals ONLY!
- After each race the racers are required to marshal the next race
- The first race of the class will be marshaled by the top qualifiers
1 Brass Class
2 Spec Racer
3 Super Stock
1st Place- 15 pts
2nd place- 13 pts
3rd place- 12 pts
4th place- 11 pts
5th place- 10 pts
6th place- 9 pts
7th place- 8 pts
8th place- 7 pts
9th place- 6pts
10th place- 5pts
11th place- 4 pts
12th place- 3 pts
Near the end of each racing season the rules committee will meet to discuss any possible changes of the rules. The committee cannot change rules by themselves. The committee’s proposals will be discussed and voted on at the Awards banquet. Rules committee members will be voted on each year.
Return to MISCAR home page